Monday, September 28, 2009

Queen of Hearts

I have really been enjoying my new booth space at Queen of Hearts in Buford. I have always been in small, more intimate shops, usually no more than 20-50 dealers. I like the friendships one acquires in smaller shops and the hometown feel you have with your customers. Queen of Hearts is a huge antique mall with three times that many dealers. I was afraid I would be lost in the mix of so many dealers, but to my delight, this has not been the case. I am now on my 4th week there and have sold well. Spent this past Saturday replenishing my space and adding items for Halloween. Not alot yet, just a nice mix of items to jump start the October season.

Slowly adding more and more inventory. I'm still looking for a pair of old doors to make a door display and I would love to find a chippy fireplace mantle for the wall. Need to bring in a glass case for items that need to be locked up.

My repurposed plastic frame with the Victorian witch sits nicely on the old trunk.

I embellished recycled jean jackets with vintage laces, ribbons, beads and quilt blocks of vintage photos for Halloween.

Darling vintage Japanese paper parasol. Lovely colors and in wonderful condition. World War 2 era.

Nice Roseville Dogwood Jardiniere.

A touch of Halloween. I made a slew of these book displays from horror novels, vintage candlesticks, added faux blood, and other interesting items to decorate for Halloween. Only have a few left that I could sell this year. Time for another trip to Goodwill and their book section.

I am getting excited as the holidays begin to come upon us. This is always a favorite time of the year for me and I adore working my booth displays for the holidays. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog. Sea Witch

5 comments:

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Everything looks beautiful! I wish there was an antique mall where I live (sniff) - the nearest one is a 1.5 hour round trip.

FrenchBlue said...

I wish I could come shop there... so many special treasure I see!
xx's

Thewhimsicalchick said...

Love what you did. Isn't it great to have a big booth. I will let you know maybe sometime next week I will come by and visit.
Hugs,
Whimsy

Anonymous said...

You know one show I did I needed some doors for a display so I went to the Home Depot and bought two closet doors. The kind kind with the slates and hinges and it worked perfect....just an idea for you~ Good luck!

Jacque said...

Witch...your booth is chocked full of a variety of things so I know you will be a favortie stop for many shoppers. Much success!!

Thanks for sharing...love that bird silhouette!!