Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Award Free Blog

Hello everyone. I have decided to make my blog an
award free blog.


While I was in Italy I was selected for 5 different blog awards and where I am sincerely grateful that anyone would think to nominate my blog and I am flattered to be honored in this way, I must say no more.

My joy with blogging is "YOU" and
no award can trump "YOU."

Your stories, your creativity, your emails and especially your comments are my "awards" from all of you and that is where my real joy is with the blogging community. So, please leave your comments, I treasure those...so many of them make me belly laugh out loud for your skewed sense of humor or bring tears to my eyes and make me sigh with the words of "your real life" you have chosen to share with me.  If you have a stalker's heart, then add yourself as a follower...you never know what or where the Sea Witch will end up.

So I ask that you understand this decision and in keeping with my need to create a new button, below is a delightful, public domain photo of land mermaids (most likely a bathing beauty contest as many are wearing very "kicky" shoes and stockings) of which I added the words "Award Free Blog".  Please feel free to right click and save it to your folder and use it on your own blog should you choose.  The first button is the size I have on my blog.

and smaller button is for those who prefer a more dainty button or utilize 3 columns in their blog.


Blessings to you all. Sea Witch

15 comments:

Dawn Marie Howard said...

Snagging button, thank you darlin!

Crystal said...

I couldn't have put it better myself. I think I may use your button, thanks a bunch.

By the way, where did you go in Italy? I was there last summer.

susan said so said...

I liked getting my "award." I can't help it, it made me happy.

Your button is cute, though.

xox,
Susan

FILIGREE MOON said...

Well said! I love the idea of awards but do find the details a bit overwhelming if I am feeling kinda hohum. Thank you for "awarding" us the opportunity to snag your super cool button! ~ Angela

BusyLizzie said...

Lovely image on the button.. like you I am flattered.. but now getting slightly overwhelmed with the tagging and award thing. Glad you had a magical vacation. xx

DVArtist said...

Very nicely put.
Nicole/Beadwright

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I know how you feel Sea Witch. When a person has a blog for a few years the awards begin to pile up and come around many times. I always feel it is better for fairly new bloggers to receive them as it is such nice encouragement and recognition for them.

I've been "award free" for awhile but I somehow "lost" my button on my sidebar, so I think I use the cute one you made!

xxoo Pat

seanymph said...

I love this. I hear you with the awards. While its nice to get them, I just dont have the time to keep up with it and then search my own to pass it onto. I think comments are award enough for me. At least this way I get to know people better.

Seawashed said...

Thank you sweetie for making this button...I was going to ask if I could use it, before I read your post. I feel the same way you do. I'm not here for awards or recognition...just friendship and loving one another.

Willow said...

Thank you for making this button. Although I haven't gotten any awards lately, there was a whole flood of them about a month ago. Button snagging complete!

Susan said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the button of Award Free Blog. I'm going to TRY to put it on my blog. (I'm not very techie, sad but true.) Please come visit me anytime! Sincerely, Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me use this perfect button:)
Have a great weekend:)

Gaby Bee said...

I think I may use your button! Thanks for your generosity!

Have a fab day!
Gaby

Sand and Shells said...

This is a perfect button!! Thanks... I want to use it!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the button! I'm still trying to figure out a polite way say I'm no longer accepting awards and you said it so well.