Monday, October 4, 2010

New Header for October

Hello everyone.  Hard to believe that it is October already.  It seems like it was just July and I was playing in water. The shorter days and darker nights beckoned me to change out my header again.  This is the first header I have put up that does not share a photo I have taken of the world under the water.  Instead, this is of an exquisite sunset that I watched in its entirety while on Green Turtle Cay, in the Bahamas.  Spectacular colors and I love the play of the fire orange against the steel grey blues.   I shot the photo from the deck entrance to the room we had on Green Turtle Cay.  Three lovely days and two spectacular nights of sunsets.  So I will share those with you.  All photos enlarge with a double click, they are large so you will see nice details.  If you like them, you may copy them for personal use or print them if you like.   Who can own a sunset?  It just seems silly to copyright it so enjoy.

First night on Green Turtle Cay and the sun was just beginning to lower itself in the sky.  The air had a marvelous silver and black look about it and the water resembled molten silver.
There was some light cloud cover that acted like a veil that covered the sun which caused the brilliant orange colors making the sky look like it was on fire and reflected in the water below.

 By now the sun had gone down and the look of molten silver earlier in the evening had taken on a "Midas" touch and was now a molten gold.

Minimal cloud cover on the second evening and the sun barely peeking out before it sets for the night.

The photo I used in the header.  Glorious colors and I love the details in the palms.  This is the beauty that would draw a sea witch from her watery home.    Blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

Ooooh, love palm trees. they are all lovely...I think I like the second one best. But the one you chose goes best with your background.

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Sea Witch,

These are gorgeous shots! I love the ones with the golden water! You are so lucky to be able to take a vacation in the Bahamas. It looks so relaxing and warm.

-Pam

Thewhimsicalchick said...

Love the sunsets. Oh how I love warm weather and sitting on the beach watching the sun going down.
Thanks for the view,