Sunday, July 14, 2013

Water hides the tears

Ten days ago, my honey was diagnosed with Stage 4, neuro-endrocrine liver cancer.   He began his first round of chemo last Thursday and so far has handled it very well.  Another session on Monday and then we wait three weeks to see how the chemo is working. We are both shell shocked with this news and emotionally drained, but we have an excellent oncologist, supportive family and friends and lots of prayer.  And I swim.  I swim to get grounded and swim to hide the tears...you don't see them in the water.  

 So this weekend I traveled to Monroe, GA for a little treasure hunting and I purchased a wraparound leather bracelet with the Serenity Prayer on it to remind me that my honey and I are not alone as we deal with his chemo sessions. Found this at Hodge Podge, Monroe, GA. They have antiques, decor and a marvelous selection of handbags, scarves, and jewelry at great prices.

 Found this pretty tri-frame that looks like Gingerbread from a lovely booth in Hodge Podge.

 Pair of great looking candlesticks.  These are not old but treated to look old.   I can't wait decorate them up for Halloween.

 Beautiful, antique Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG) footed cake plate was used often to display tasty homemade cakes as you can see the many knife cuts in the center of the glass. FEATHER aka DORIC aka INDIANA SWIRL is a pattern made by McKee & other beginning in the 1890s. Book value: $125.00. Found this pretty piece at Davis Street Antiques in Monroe.

 
 Another piece I found at Davis Street.  Antique Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG) footed compote dish. Pretty scalloped edging. Circa 1890.

 I'm crazy about Victorian, quadruple plate. Most often the silver is gone and the pewter like base metal shows through but they are always so pretty with lots of interesting designs. This terrific butter server has all three pieces but is missing the butter knife.  Still, I can't wait to display this over the Christmas holidays.  I found this piece at The Cotton Depot, Monroe, GA.

 
Love old liquor bottles and this nifty vintage screw top wine bottle in pint flask with pretty embossed grapes has a delicate, iridescent finish. Circa 1930s

Found three leather bound books with pretty marbleized papers, lovely etchings and interesting stories dated 1898.  I've begun reading the stories and they are delightful. Written in the vernacular of the day and geared to women, they are a neat insight into what was read during that time period.

 Last but not least, my wily coyote mix, Kota, decided to wrap himself up in my vintage bunting.  Found this very long vintage flag bunting at Hodge Podge. He is a very happy, patriotic pup!

Have a wonderful week and blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

7 comments:

sassytrash said...

Sending out all my thoughts and prayers to your honey and you!! Hope all goes smoothly and is behind you very quickly!!

mxtodis123 said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
Mary

audrey said...

I totally understand what you are going through. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphocytic lymphoma at the age of 34. Chemo put him in remission for many years. Difficult times right now, but look to a positive future. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
xo

Linda said...


Sending white light, healing wishes and prayers your way! I was thinking about you recently and then today saw this post.
Do take care!!! XO Linda

Robin Larkspur said...

As always, light and love and healing energy coming your way. You truly are not alone in so many ways. We will all keep only positive thoughts about the treatments. Hugs from Robin.

Anonymous said...

You and your husband are in my prayers from this day forward.

Gentle hugs and loving thoughts,
Nanina

Lou Anne Hazel said...

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.