Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dec is here.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and gentle Thanksgiving.  I spent a few days in Florida with my sister and it was so good to see her.  We used to spend every Saturday running around, laughing until our sides hurt and just having a great time together.    It was like old times and it felt like she never moved away.  Weather was a windy with temps in the 70's but that didn't keep me from the ocean.  

 The wind was over 10 knots so the large beach umbrella's were buried in the sand to keep them from flying away.

 The ocean was choppy but with great waves for surfers.  Still, I walked into the water and released my honey's ashes back into the sea.  He sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to the Bahama's many times and this is where he wanted to be returned to.

Before I left for Florida, I did get a few items into my booths for the Thanksgiving shopping weekend.  Found this great set of vintage, Martha Stewart copper cookie cutters. 

They are huge and will make the prettiest cookies.


Found this lovely group of Anchor Hocking Depression Glass, circa 1929, at my local Goodwill for a few dollars.  Couldn't believe it and I will be bringing these in next weekend.


 
Lovely antique Edwardian white child’s dress was an auction win.  French seaming and lace on cotton batiste.  Rare to find a child’s dress in this marvelous condition. Circa 1900.


 Spectacular. like new champagne bucket and liner.  Beautiful piece and ready to help someone ring in the new year.


 Another local auction win, a pretty set of elegant depression glass, etched and pretty green.


 Another pretty depression glass biscuit jar in pink.


Pretty figurine cordial glasses hold vintage ornaments.

Lovely Victorian quadruple plate creamer and sugarbowl.


 
Pretty Nude Stem Sea Shell Comport,  Cambridge Glass company. From their Statuesque 3011 nude stem line. Perfect for displaying Victorian calling cards, antique ornaments or your favorite rings. Circa 1920-50s.

 Gorgeous, American Brilliant cut crystal server.  Big and beautiful and held together with four, metal staples. Yes, this lovely piece has that great metal repair so often done during the Victorian era. I may keep this myself as I love these repaired items.


 Finally brought that fantastic grandfather clock into my Victorian booth.  It is a beauty.


 Last, but not least, an Adakai, Santa Clara bowl.  Signed and with that beautiful tone on tone, this was a thrift store find and is now in my Native American collection.  Just gorgeous.  So it was a marvelous Thanksgiving weekend for me and I hope everyone else had as much joy as I had. Let us all take on December with peace and taking an opportunity to pay it forward whenever we can. As always, blessings to you and those you love.  
Sea Witch

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi-
Haven't been on the blogs too much! I am so sorry to have read about the loss of your dear husband! I am sorry that I got so caught up in my own life that I forgot to check on you! Your antique finds are special as always. Love them!
Again so sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you. XO Linda