Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's February???

I turned around and went from December into January...wait, no, February!  When did this happen?  I think all of the work I have been doing in the kitchen (in between the full time job) that January just ran away from me. This with starting my taxes for 2014 and, yeah, it's February already.  The crazy weather makes it difficult to complete paint jobs I want to do, but we finally had a few nice days so I was a painting fool and got a few projects started.  Hope to have them finished by next weekend to put them in my spaces at the Buford Queen of Hearts.

Did a little treasure hunting on Saturday and found some great pieces.

This gorgeous, American Brilliant cut crystal oval server.  Large and in "Harvard" pattern, this piece just sparkles like diamonds.  This is a keeper and I can't wait to use it over the holidays.

Close up of the pattern. Just gorgeous and amazing cut work.

Pretty EAPG butter plate.  Do you use a butter dish?  I do, as I only use real butter. :)  I'm tempted to keep this sweet thing too.

Nice, milk glass crucifix  candlestick.  

 
While this pretty little bisque finish covered dish may look quite unassuming, it hides the very thing I adore about some antiques.

A pair of lead staples holding a broken lid together.  This type of inventive repair was popular in the late 1800s through the 1920s.  

 Sweet little celluloid doll with painted sock and shoes.  Very 1920s.

Set of four elegant Depression glass pink champagne cocktail glasses.  Etched with a lovely flower pattern, I brought these into my space today and they have sold already.

Sweet set of five, etched cordial glasses.  All vintage from the 1950s.

Lovely pair of Ducal English transferware dessert plates.  Pattern is Bristol and in that lovely mulberry color.

Who didn't have a tupperware salt and pepper shaker set?  This very 1950s set is so delightful and is in my main space at the Buford Queen of Hearts.

There is nothing like the minty green color of jadeite.  This reproduction piece is heavy and spent about 2 hours in my space today before going home with a buyer.

Nice, mid century souvenir of the Eiffel Tower.  Looks sweet next to the Jack Russell Terrier picture.

Love this big, heart decanter stopper. Perfect for slipping an engagement ring on, after all, she is your "heart stopper."

Sweet petit point heart box and a lovely cabbage roses creamer.

Now this went right into my Christmas collection.  I adore advertising pieces and went head over teakettle when I found this in one of my favorite dealer spaces at the Queen of Hearts.  Adorable Victorian child riding a turkey.  Compliments of the season.

A box of the sweetest 1950s baby dresses in the palest shades of pink, yellow and mint green.  I spent the afternoon hand washing and ironing them.  

They are all of the finest cotton batiste with pretty frenchwork details.  I will be bringing these to my space next week.  

Wishing everyone a pleasant week and blessings to you and those you love.  SeaWitch

No comments: