Sunday, March 18, 2018

Doesn't seem like a year...

but it was one year ago Saturday that I closed on my home in Florida and began moving in.  I am so happy here that it feels like I've been here for years.  Additionally, I have made a home at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall and have grown from one space to two and will be moving into a display case as well next month.  The owners are lovely people and I so enjoy my association with them.  I'd like to say that my unpacking is completed but, alas, it is not. Still have some things to open and arrange or rearrange but that's okay.  I'll get to when I get to it. LOL   The double freeze we had killed off all of my flowering shrubs so I had everything removed this weekend and all of the flower beds raked.  Since the sides of the house are not accessible I decided to have a power wash and exterior painting done as it had been almost ten years since it was last painted and it was beginning to show wear and flaking of the paint.  Looking forward to seeing the transformation and the new planting.

I have been transforming my main space at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall as well. Found a stunning vintage free standing, fireplace mantle that is perfect for displaying pieces and doesn't take up a lot of space evening though it is a large mantle.  It opened up my booth and still allowed me to keep all of the furniture I had in the space.  Now everything looks so much more open and it is easier for customers to move around in it.



Finding interesting items at my favorite haunts but have noticed an uptick in Carnival Glass interest.    Every piece I have had in my spaces has sold and the new pieces I brought in last week are already gone.  Something is going on with Carnival Glass.  More folks are asking for it and it is also being purchased by millennials.  I suspect they remember seeing these pieces on their parents or grandparents tables and cabinets and they look well on the Ikea furniture they love so well.  
Found this lovely little Smith creamer with a rich iridescence at my local Goodwill.  

Found this marigold carnival basket in my unpacking of more inventory last week and is lovely to put an Easter egg or two in it.


Another weekend Goodwill find, a pretty vintage Carnival Glass blue iridescent pedestal covered candy dish by Indiana Glass (one of their most popular and sought after pieces). Beautiful ice blue iridescence in the open lace pattern. Circa 1970-80s 

Satin finish Fenton is another popular seller for me.  This sea blue is rich in color and the Jim Shore quilt egg looks happy in it.


Charming Depression glass juice pitcher in the open rose pattern.  Another thrift store find. 

Nice vintage mesh egg basket are always fun decorating pieces.

Saw the title of this book and had to have it for my space.  The Strange Woman, copyright 1941, reads like bodice ripper tales.

Sweet little creamer from the 1930s is too cha cha for words.  The little velveteen rabbit looks happy next to it.

Nice Candlewick twin server was a thrift store find along with the silverplate pieces.  

Brought in a lot of vintage 1950s faceted choker necklaces in poppy red and American blue.  These are fun to wear and are great colors.

My main space is packed with treasure so now it was time to see what my fellow dealers had to offer.

Be still my heart, I go weak in the knees for vintage and antique silverplate, especially when it is in this great condition.  Add in a low price and you can shout, "SOLD," because it is coming home with me.

Lovely set of Wallace, serving spoons with monogram W.

Set of Reed & Barton tablespoons are also in lovely condition but just need a little polishing.

.
Nice set of Rogers monogrammed teaspoons. I really scored with this find and will use when I entertain.

On my way home and decided to stop in Treasure Trove, a sales and consignment shop in Port Richey/Hudson.  They advertise they sell antiques but only two dealers there really deal in such pieces with the other dealers selling a wide variety of pop culture, dolls, clothing and large pieces of furniture often consigned.  You never know what you are going to find there so it is always an interesting stop.  

Well look what I found there...


A stunning, antique wicker lamp that has been rewired.  OMG I practically cartwheeled to where it was sitting.  I have been looking for a lamp for my guest room and I wanted to keep the beach vibe without looking like a Home Goods.  (nothing against Home Goods, I shop there all of the time, just wanted an authentic piece)  Has layers of paint and will need to give it a good cleaning but oh, man, am I in love with this lamp.   

Always love when the time change kicks in as the days are so much longer and full of sunshine and wishing blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

No comments: