Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Biscuit Jar saw its shadow.

January flew by and February arrived this weekend with some nifty finds.  Sometimes my local Goodwill offers up marvelous pieces and they did not disappoint.

An absolutely stunning cut glass corset vase and a big one. The spectrums it throws are brilliant and I will be keeping this one for my personal collection.

This is the biscuit jar that saw it's shadow, a fantastic Victorian Bristol glass piece.  

Love this heavy, lead crystal piece, unmarked but brilliant in its colors.

Fun souvenir from England, a Bobby's helmet bell.  Very 1970s

First time I have ever come across a quadruple plated hair receiver.  Engraved initials adorn one side.

Big, quadruple plated coffee pot is missing its top impediment but I may have one in a box of interesting things that I retain that often fit that need.

A pair of mid century pins and an interesting key chain which is a miniature box cutter.  

This was a piece I had hanging in my home for a while but I'm downsizing and have decided to put it in my booth space.   Downsizing, such an interesting word.  I did a lot of that when I moved to my new digs but I find that I don't have the wall space I did in my previous home as I traded a wall for a bank of windows that leads to my pool area.  Wouldn't change that for anything but it means less wall for displaying pieces and hanging art.

My booth spaces are filled with  pretty things for spring.  There is something "genteel" about these pretty hand painted porcelain salt & pepper shakers.

This sweet seafoam green chair was another piece I had in my home for years and tough for me to bring to my booth space.  I have displayed so many marvelous treasures on it in my home but it's time for it to find love in anothers home sweet home.

In time for Valentines Day, I brought in a pair of antique Sacred Heart of Jesus prints in original frames.

The other Sacred Heart of Jesus in original frame and a pair of vintage crucifix candlesticks are perfect for Easter.

Downsizing, there's that pesky word again. I thinned out my collection of American, antique/vintage baskets and brought them in to my booth space.

A new piece but in that marvelous seafoam green, I had this in my kitchen and would post the day's menu when guests were at my home.  Another item falls to the downsizing word.  

Finally, these boots were made for walking.  Two pairs of Victorian high top boots.  Smaller size in black leather and a much larger pair in brown leather with canvas uppers.  Both pairs are in marvelous condition and very wearable.

This marvelous birdcage was a Vintage Village purchase and the trigger for me thinning out a few of my collections.  I'm just crazy about this pretty piece and filled it with favored seashells and red coral. 

Moved other pieces around to accommodate my new display and I love the look.  This was my first chance to display the bee cloche and I have hidden under it a marvelous piece that my Harry Potter loving grandchildren will delight in when they lift up the cloche.  

Last but not least, when I relocated the spool cabinet it opened up the exact size space I needed to finally hang the gorgeous antique basket rack you see.  It has been hiding in a closet since I moved here and I'm thrilled to see it finally mounted and my antique American baskets hanging from it.

This has been a fun weekend with great weather, finally, and even though I'm not a super bowl fan, I just loved Gladys Knights marvelous rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.  Always a beautiful lady with a million what smile and voice.  Thank you, Miss Knight, for a fantastic performance.  As always, blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

1 comment:

Leo Simpson said...

Great reading yourr blog