Saturday, June 1, 2019

Nothing, nothing, Oh boy!

The last few weekends have been pretty quiet with, believe or not, no treasure to be found. It happens, sometimes there is nothing that catches you eye.  However, last Saturday was a day of jackpots with great pieces and even better prices.  My local Goodwill was a treasure trove of goodness.

Nice pair of darners, especially the big one.  These are now in my personal collection.

This Goofus glass serving bowl has chippy cold paint but the EAPG pattern is lovely.

I adore antique EAPG and will use this butter keeper for my table. Has a nice hint of sun purple too.

Charming little bread server with a lucky horseshoe is another EAPG find.

Another EAPG found in the wild, a terrific comport. This one is in my personal collection now. Pattern: Dewdrop in Points, Greensburg Glass, 1880s.

Rare, Jefferson Glass EAPG celery vase with speckled green frit. Circa 1902.

Pretty little, 1900s creamer with lily of the valley transferware pattern.  
This will be in my main space at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall.

Lucky me, the Goodwill was offering up these marvelous 1900s serving bowls for pennies.

All that nice serving size for mashed potatoes and fresh vegies,  I will keep the price low to pass on the same joy to my customers.

Vintage Pawley Gnome Figurine Tom Clark Gnome--Sea Shell Figurine-Sand Castle. Retired. 1984. These are such charming little figurines and this gnome celebrates our beautiful coastal living. 

Vintage Carnival Glass, Marigold, Ribbed Candy Dish with Lid. Manufacturer: Jeanette. Circa 1960s 

Finally, a sweet grouping of vintage pottery baby shoes that are just too cha cha for words.

My granddaughter graduated from high school this year and I didn't want to send her just a check, so I decided to create a money crown for her.

I added three butterflies in the center of the crown that signify her growth.

Used my "gum chain" skills from when I was her age to create the body of her money crown.  One hundred and one dollars was the final result.  

Many of us are watching our children and grandchildren graduate and enter the world as young adults with new ideas and family values.  I wish luck and joy and inquisitiveness to all of them.  

And always, blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

No comments: