Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas

The year is almost over...how quickly it flew by.  Just finished hot chocolate with freshly whipped cream with my sister as we sit and get ready to watch Christmas Eve service.   
I am grateful for a fairly gentle year and hope it will continue in 2020.  This was my best year at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall and I continue to enjoy this marvelous antique mall with great owners who treat all of of heir dealers like their family.

I found some treasure last weekend in between the Christmas shopping and 
have already sold most of it.

A great little holiday find, a 1963 Annalee Santa doll warming his buns near a pot belly stove.

Marvelous silverplated champagne bucket by Gorham in wonderful condition makes a great Christmas tree stand. 

Love these vintage commercial spools. 

Nice mid century silverplated butlers tray.  These have so many decorative uses.

Love this small porcelain  bucket with the hand painted American peace eagle.

Nice vintage, E. O. Brody milk glass pedestal urn. 

 Pretty set of Nativity Scene figurines with a sand cast look with silver leaf highlights.

Everyone knows the Lefton holly line but this is the first miniature kerosene lamp I have come across. 

 Love these big hand stitched beaded and sequined Christmas items.  These are a personal keeper.

Hard to find, vintage, St Anne figurine.  St. Anne is the mother of Mary and patron saint of grandmothers, housewives, women in labor and unmarried women.

As I child, my family visited the NY Worlds Fair almost every weekend during its two years existence.  The Vatican Pavilion was a family favorite and where I saw Michelangelo's Pieta many times.  As a young girl, even then this extraordinary sculpture impacted me.  I had a tiny chalk figurine many years ago and it got lost over the years.  Was delighted to find this much larger, resin cast figurine with lovely details.  This is now in my home and brings me joy and fond memories.

With all that said, I wish peace and joy for all and always, blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch