Sunday, June 7, 2020

It's June????

It's June.  It doesn't feel like the year is half over.  COVID19 took three months from us and I'm still in March mode, sigh.  North Florida is opening slowly and with success and I must share that May has been one of the best months for sales for me.  Not only at my spaces at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall but also my Girdle Gals etsy shop.  I am grateful for this and most appreciative of all those who have purchased my items.

I have been visiting my local haunts for treasure and it has been fruitful as I really didn't know what to expect with this crazy spring we have had.

A lovely mid century, Waterford Crystal ships decanter.  Acid etch gothic mark for Waterford on the side base.   There is something marvelous about how ship's captains ensured their best drink of choice was held in a highly stable, heavily weighted base.

Mint first day covers for Walt Disney and Disneyland from 1966.

A handsome, pale green St. Nick with mica flakes.

Antique, French Ray-O-Vac flashlight, circa early 1900s.

Lovely antique, carnival glass bowl, may be Fenton, have some homework to do.  Marigold color.

A small but stunning, American Brilliant cut glass bowl. This little guy is heavy and beautifully cut and throws lots of rainbows.

Nice vintage, clay poker chips in wooden caddy.  Has space for two decks of cards as well.  Circa 1940s, these clay chips have that great sound when tossed on each other in the betting pile.

Nice vintage sewing tin.  Great colors in a tole pattern.

These hand held mechanical beaters were found in nearly every kitchen at the turn of the century through the 1950s.  They work fantastic and are easy to handle.  Children love using them.

Granny, of the Beverly Hillbillies always had a jug handy that held her "rheumetis medicine."  This charming, early 1900s Western Monmouth "corn squeezin's" or syrup jug is a charmer.

A gorgeous footed bowl with art deco scrolled handles by Cambridge.  This pattern is called Portia and was first introduced in 1931 and retired in 1953 and is commonly known as one of the elegant depression glass pieces.

  A marvelous, late Victorian The Bible Story for children book.  

Finally, one of my favorite things, old photo albums and this late Victorian album is actually in better condition that when I often find them. The velvet on both sides is intact and only missing the metal clasp to close it.

 Best of all, it is filled with family cabinet cards and a pair of tin types.

As I look through this I see a family. I don't know of anyone who cannot relate.  I pray for peace, I pray for respect, I pray for loving our neighbor, I pray that we have all had "enough".  Enough of canceling each other, enough of siloing who we are, enough of distrust and anger.  Enough.  Let us all come together to "hear" what the other has to say and walk away with insight and peace and brotherhood.  I close in the way I have since I first began blogging years ago.  Blessings to you and those you love.  SeaWitch

No comments: