Monday, February 15, 2021

It's February Already?

 Greetings gentle readers.  I turned around in December and now it's already February in a new year.   Where did January go?  This pandemic working from home and with so many small businesses shuttered has the days just blending together into long weeks that I don't even know what time of day it is at times.  With a new year comes another reorganization at my "day" job so I'm on my 9th manager in 4 years, another new role and we start all over again with a new organization.  Oh, if I could only retire, sigh.  

Still, the weekends are always generous with Goodwill hunting and visits to my favorite haunts for treasure.  The last few weeks have been bountiful in nifty finds.

A stunning ruby red martini shaker. Very Art Deco and always sought after.

One of my favorite finds in January was this marvelous Art Deco, 8 day, mantel clock by Foreign.  Beautiful veneer marquetry case with lovely Westminster chimes and on the hour sounding like Big Ben.  Foreign is a UK company that manufactured clocks for the export market, the movement is German.  Circa 1928-33.

How fun are these vintage Deadstock, Crescent molded ivory plastic candles with bulb in the original box.  Never opened or used and has original penciled on price of .69 cents.  Circa 1950s.  Love the boxes that I'm not sure if I would take them out and use them or keep them in the box and display as-is.

My local Goodwill always has the most unique pictures for sale like this antique, late Victorian print of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in original, heavy frame.  Most likely a convent or rectory piece.  Circa 1900s.

I practically squealed with delight when I came across these six dessert plates from my local Goodwill.  Highly sought after, Fostoria Crystal, Wisteria (neodymium, alexandrite) plates.  The pattern, Lafayette, in the color Wisteria is avidly sought by collectors because of the color-changing from pink, amethyst to pale blue depending on natural and artificial light.  Circa 1940s.

Who doesn't love a display of gorgeous antique flow blue china?  I usually don't find great bowls like these and certainly not over two consecutive weekends. 

Pair of pretty milk glass items.  One is a late Victorian, pressed milk glass soap dish with lid, circa 1890s and the other is a vintage Westmoreland Paneled Grape milk glass lidded candy dish, circa 1940s.

Marvelous mid century modern, vintage petite point ladies ashtrays.  When smoking was fashionable you had fashionable ashtrays for your card games and patio time.  Circa 1950-60s, these are too pretty for cigarette ash.  I would place my rings or earrings in them or would use to rest my pen at my desk instead.

Found a nice mix of antique marigold Carnival Glass.  This glass seems to be peaking again with interest as I've begun selling it quite well again.

A weekend find, this marvelous 1930s pyrography box has damage to the bottom, but that is an easy repair.  I love the poinsettia work so this will be part of my Christmas display decorating next year. Yup, this one is a keeper.

Have to do a little research on this pretty little late Victorian oil painting in the original frame.  Pansies were a favorite flower of the Victorians and this is dated 1884.

And finally, my sweet girl wishes blessings to you and those you love.  SeaWitch

No comments: