Friday, June 26, 2009

Plant Lavender for luck and fall in love whenever you can.

This has been a crazy two weeks and doing mundane things like placing fresh, wind whipped sheets on the bed and sprinkling them with lavender powder has a way of setting things right in my world. The scent of fresh lavender is my favorite next to the scent of the sea and this time of the year is when lavender farms often bloom with spectacular color. Waves of purple as far as the eye can see, I want to fall into them,
lay down with the sun shining on my face,
and just rest in the arms of nature.
So in the words of Sally Owens, "Can love travel back in time and heal a broken heart? I'd like to think so. There are some things I know for certain. Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Plant lavender for luck.
And fall in love whenever you can."

2 comments:

Jacque said...

I've had a FULL two weeks also. I totally agree with that lavender scent and I LOVE that pic.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love lavender. Wish you could have come out to the shows. Thanks for stopping in, T