Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Treasure Hunt

A glorious Saturday for this Easter weekend.  Temps in the 70s and beautiful blue skies.  Sis joined me as we ran around to one of my favorite haunts for seeking out treasure.  I never know what I am going to find when I go to this place but it rarely disappoints.

A marvelous blue transfer ware souvenir from Lincoln's boyhood home in New Salem, Illinois.  Circa 1930s. Priced at $1.00 - as is.  Only "as is" was that it was filthy.  Cleaned up bright and blue and no issues.

Adorable little sea washed blue sled with bird figurine.  Signed Marjolein Bastin.

How sweet is this little Tiffany style votive lamp? No more then about nine inches in height, it is made well and would look darling on a patio. 

Pretty Edwardian day dress that is dyed a pretty pink.  First time I have come across a day dress dyed a color. 

Sweet 1930s framed picture of child with small chick.

Nice vintage pyrography box with painted details.  I love these pretty boxes that were so popular at the turn of the century.  Perfect for hiding gloves, collars and other treasures.


Is this a pretty little change purse?

Nope, it's a Salesman's sample of a change purse.  No bigger then 2 inches by 2 inches.

Pretty pastel Pfaltzgraf footed cake plate.  Perfect condition and only $4.00.

This cake plate is huge and very heavy.  Can't you see a big, homemade coconut cake on this?

I sell these footed, silverplated trays as fast as I can find them. This pretty pie crust edged tray is in marvelous condition.

Sweet little Lenox rabbit from the jewels collection.  Pretty turquoise and gold decoration.

 Marigold Carnival Glass sherbet cup and a tin shabby cottage box.  Pretty, pastel roses on lid.

And the best for last.  This incredible antique, mantle clock.  Heavy piece.  Spelter angel with child and gold leafed base with faux marble trim.  Clock works but needs new crystal.

Close up of gold leafed base.

Close up of statue.  This is such a lovely piece.  I can't wait to have it restored and get this in my Victorian booth.

Queen of Hearts was closed for Easter so I spent the day refinishing some Victorian furniture and making lasagna.  The kitchen smelled like Little Italy with homemade sauce simmering for hours.  Sweet sausage, Parm, Mozzarell, Romano, Asagio and Ricott and curly lasagna noodles and I couldn't wait to build this dish. Fresh bread baking in the oven had already been brushed with garlic infused olive oil and as my honey returned from a day shooting trap/skeet he grabbed a cold, fizzy water and was counting down the minutes 'til supper.  Sis came by and we enjoyed a good Sunday dinner.  It was a joy to cook like that again. I don't do that as much with me working full time and my honey retired.  One of the things I look forward to returning to when I retire and that is cooking again.  I have always adored food preparation.  So as Monday is just around the corner I need to call it a night.  Blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

2 comments:

sassytrash said...

Hey mermaid girlfriend, you forgot to mention the name of that pickin' place...JK!! What great finds! I've never seen a salesman's sample change purse, but it's fabulous...and that clock!!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Nice finds, but I REALLY like that clock! It's so unique! But then again, I am a clock lover. I like the ticking and the gonging sounds of the old ones. :-)

-Pam