Sunday, August 27, 2017

Getting there.

Slowly but surely I am chipping away at getting my home together.  When I relocated to Florida, I sold most of my furniture other than a few of my personal favorite pieces.  Now as I put my guest room together I wanted a piece of furniture that would hold storage like an armoire but did not want the size or the formality of a traditional piece.  

 Came across a 1990s Entertainment Armoire at a local thrift shop that actually fit the bill.  It was banged up quite a bit but had the good bones I needed for what I wanted to do with it.

Gave it a base coat of Tidal Pool blue.

Had a poster made to fit the length and width of the two bottom drawers and adhered them.

Ditto with the top portion of the armoire.  Lots more to do to both pieces.  Will followup with final images when completed.


Dropped off a few bags at my local Goodwill and although I didn't find much this trip, I did come home with a lovely, mid century, Gorham silverplated tray.

A little difficult to see, but a lovely pressed glass with the Goofus paint removed.  

Brought in more items to my space and as I was chatting with the gals at the front desk, I saw a bucket full of cabinet cards.  I am weak for old photos so I had to have these. 

And then, the motherlode.

 A photo album filled with images from the 1890s through the 1960s.  Pure joy.

Kids, relatives and those great poses. 

Saucy hats and turn of the century clothing.

Stunning 1920s wedding party.

Great, great grandmothers.

Another well dressed bride of the flapper era.

This was just a smattering of the many photographs in this album.  

Can you believe that August is nearly over?  September begins Friday and that leaves us with 4 months left to 2017.  This year is flying by.  So wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day and blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

No comments: