Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October is Autumn Even in Florida

Hello dear readers.  I got caught up with too much work in September and the month got away from me but with October now here, there is no denying that even in North Florida, we have entered our own season of autumn.  Shorter days, less humidity, and temps with lots of breezes make this a lovely time of the year.  Of course, I'm knee deep in more tulle than a dance studio as I create Halloween costumes for my grandchildren.  This year the family is going as Beauty and The Beast so I am making costumes for all of them.   

In between costume making I have been prepping my booth space for the upcoming seasons.   I'm slowly bringing out the pieces that everyone wants for their holiday entertaining and decorating.

Dinner setting for four by Johnson Bros., England in their wildly popular pattern, Harvest Time.

Vintage hats are always in demand this time of the year as well and this pretty brushed wool hat with velveteen fruit around it is too cha cha for words.

Another lovely vintage hat of smoked velvet and brilliant rooster feathers around the brim.

I spent months searching for a small hutch as a display but couldn't find it anywhere.  A fantastic architectural salvage store called Junk Co. opened a few doors down from the Lyon's Head Antique Mall where I have booth space and this faboosh piece was in the front windows.   An antique store cabinet painted that sea foam green I just love. So much space and it was exactly what I needed as a display piece.

Large assortment of antique transferware platters abound along with dinner ware.

 Take a goodwill find server and add a pair of Art Deco pendant light shades and you have a one of a kind server for your holiday table.  If this doesn't sell, I will not be sad because each time I look at it I kinda dig it even more.

Did a little hunting at my favorite local haunts last weekend and came up with these treasures.

Stunning EAPG syrup with original lid.  This is a keeper for my personal stash and I will use it over the holidays.

I have a weakness for these vintage iridescent butterfly wing pieces from the 1950s.  Usually brought back as souvenirs from Mexico, these are brilliant in their shades of blues.

Lovely engraved Challah bread knife.

Lot of large antique and vintage serving spoons, a sauce ladle and teaspoons.

A beautiful pair of silverplate candelabra inserts.  I use these in antique oil lamps and they look stunning.

Not one, but two pairs of vintage silverplate candelabra inserts.

An amazing find, stunning vintage mink coat by renowned furriers, "Coopchik Forrest of New York" and designed by Donald Brooks.  Football great, Joe Namath wore Coopchik furs. 

Look at the handwork done in the lining.  Both sides have this stunning stump work along with the traditional hand embroidered initials of the owner.

and finally, place your bets ladies and gentlemen.  Round and round and round he goes, where she stops, nobody knows. A great piece of carnival history, this betting wheel or game of chance wheel is from the 1930s.  A truly unique decorative element over a mantle or on your wall space.  

Wish everyone a gentle week and blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

No comments: