Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How was your weekend?

Mine was joyful, dear bloggers. Nothing really spectacular, no eye popping event happened and I didn't win the lottery...but...it was a lovely, fun, lazy, and pleasant weekend where I accomplished a few things off of my "to do list", spent time in the YMCA pool with my sister and Y-friends, had supper at a local Mexi-restaurant, did a little antiquing and YES YES YES, finally finished and packed up my Pay It Forward blog swag. Just to tease you a bit, here is a macro shot of what is on its way to my three Pay It Forward recipients:


How fun are these bright and sunny colors? I adore these latest fabrics that are full of retro patterns and put a smile on your face colors.

Like bloggers Frippery, Sassy Trash, and Garden Antqs Village, I also did a little junkin this weekend and came across an eclectic assortment of treasures. I was "bowled" over by these beach cottage color table top, wooden bowling pins. About 8 inches in height and with the original paint, I picked these up faster than a pickpocket on a carnival runway.


Couldn't resist this pretty little vintage shade. Love the Steuben like colors of the glass with the pretty etching. Had a few chips, but then don't we all.


Pretty Austrian urn from the 1920s would look lovely filled with your favorite fresh flowers. I'm a sucker for pink lustre ware and these gaudy little pieces just make me smile. I have to laugh as my friends know that I'm not a pink kind of gal (unless it is sun faded) much to my granddaughters chagrin. She lives in a pink and lilac world, God bless her. My style is American Primitive combined with Art Nouveau (now that is a unique marriage)...and of course, shells abound everywhere.

Another Pink lustre ware tea cup and saucer and an adorable pair of tiny white silk and beaded Indian shoes for a small child. I know somewhere, out there, a Jasmine wannabe is waiting to find these shoes to complete her outfit too small for my 4 year old granddaughter, these will have to find there way to smaller tootsies.

A complete set of crystal salt cellars AND AND AND with glass salt spoons to match. A terrific find for only a few dollars. You can't see it, but I'm doing the I found a terrific buy happy dance.

Couldn't resist this old speller from the turn of the century and a pair of Reed & Barton silver plate bon bon dishes. Bon Bon dishes...such a 1950's word where lazy housewives were accused of not doing much but sitting around eating bon bons.


Okay, happy dance again. I love vintage general/country store pieces and this turn of the century tin, "multi-use" spice bin is a wonderful acquisition. The faded green and Times Roman lettering of the word "MUSTARD" actually spins to reveal Baking Powder, Ginger, Cloves and another spice faded and washed away that it is no longer known. You lift the top up to drop in whatever spice the mercantile owner would have and the shopper would utilize the porcelain knob to lift up the bottom to retrieve the amount of spice they wanted to purchase. Overall, the piece has pretty waterfall lines to it and it is in marvelous condition for its age.


And last, but not least, the lovely Marie Antoinette herself. Two of my favorite blogs have a fondness for this French lady (The French Elements & My Artful Adventures) . This California Pottery offering is in wonderful condition with only two places missing some lace and that is on the bottom of her gown and the back of her collar. These porcelain lace pieces tend to break away so easily and the fingers are almost always gone...this French lady still has all ten fingers with her sassy red polish.

Had to give you a closeup of her lovely face.

As usual, I can be found at Vintage Village sometime over the weekend taking new photos for their website and depositing some of my found treasures for my booth. So many talented dealers here that I can never walk out without even the smallest purchase. Lots of new things in daily. Below are two photos to entice you to come visit. We have the best shabby, chippy lovingly worn items anywhere in town.


So, this was my weekend and now I'm back at my Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 gig, but hey, it's Tuesday and that means Saturday will be here in three days. Whooo hoooo. Have a joyful week everyone.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

oh my goodness what a great find! All of your treasures are so lovely!

sassytrash said...

Hi Miz Sea Witch!! You did some great junkin' there, girl! Bet that was fun--love the bowling pins. I'm with you, just get me near the water, and I'm so happy--I want to be a mermaid when I grow up!