Tuesday, September 13, 2011

300th Post

I just realized as I hit the new post tab that this is my 300th post!  Wow, hard to believe that I have made 300 posts and folks actually came to read them.  Thank you everyone, for your support and your wonderful comments.  I look forward to posting another 300. 

Fall is just around the corner as our hot Southern nights are now in the 60s with a nice breeze.  Leaves are just beginning to show a color change or two and Queen of Hearts has begun to decorate with the colors and style of Indian Summer and Autumn.  There is such a comfort feel to this season. It always invokes the nest in-instinct; family and friends sharing around the kitchen or cozied up on the sofa with warm blankets, the family pet and perhaps a snuggie or two with the kids.

 One of my favorite dealers at the Queen in Buford has a marvelous sense of style.  She takes the simplest elements and places them beautifully in a myriad of containers.

Vintage bases from lamps and urns become beautiful mounts for pumpkins and drieds.

Her booth, always beautiful...I can take everything home she creates or finds.

How sweet are these little paper mache candy holders?  Too cute. 

 These ghostie bad boys are about 2 feet in length and spin silently on nylon from the ceiling. 

 Some of my favorite things, chippy aqua blue table with an antique treenware bowl filled with white pumpkins.

 At the front entrance to the Queen of Hearts, a splendid table set for Thanksgiving.  Love the use of the tossed antique quilt as the centerpiece.

A delightful pumpkin face kinda says it all about the season soon our way.  Wishing you all a joyful grin this week.  Sea Witch

4 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Congrats on 300 posts! Your blog is always interesting, unique and highly readable. I love visiting!!

Jacque said...

Hi Witch! Congratulations--WOW 300 posts!!

I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing the world from your perspective! Keep 'em comin'...

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Here's to 300 more! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear Kota is recovering, please give him a pet.

Stacey said...

Congrats on your 300th! I think I'm on my 3rd!

I love the Halloween shots - I'm looking forward to seeing more of that on your blog.