Thursday, September 29, 2011

A pumpkin and a screwdriver walk into a bar...

nah, that didn't happen, but it did get your attention.  Although a pumpkin and a screwdriver did get together.  We have busy lives and sometimes I don't have the time to really decorate the way I would like to.  Still, that doesn't keep me from dressing up a pumpkin or two in the front of my home. 

We are talking simple...easy peasy stuff...less then 5 minutes and you are good to go kinda decorating. 

So take a big pumpkin and

grab a hammer and philips head screwdriver and poke two holes, one on either side of the pumpkin stem...

then take a pair of pretty harvest pics from your favorite craft/fabric shop and shove a pic in one of the holes you just made...and

there you have it!  Instant decor.  Now clean off the screwdriver, put the tools back and admire your decorative work.  Oh yea, lookin good mama!

Oh, and there's more...when you change from fall to winter decorating, you can use the pumpkin for making pies come November.  Blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

9 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Great idea; never have seen that in all the magazines. I am so tired of scooping out pumpkins anymore. Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Trick & Treat!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I really wanted to hear the end of that one!

The pumpkin looks great even without the screwdriver.

Andrew said...

That's awesome!
Easier and more interesting than making a jack o lantern.

sonia said...

what a fantastic idea? off to the craft store!

Stacey said...

That is really great - I have tons of the florals I could use. This weekend is my turn to decorate for Fall and Halloween.

Suzanne C said...

Loved your blog title gave me a chuckle... I think a lot of things in our craft room feel that way.... A pumpkin and a screwdiver walk into your craft room... :)

sassytrash said...

Hey Girl!! I LOVE this idea!! Perfect for my no-time/no-worries decorating style....very clever!!
Can't wait to see you at the show!
(I'll be the sleep-deprived wreck with nubs for fingers! Shows are the hardest work you can do and off the chart for stress!) Thanks for your always so kind and much appreciated comments!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Cute and simple!