Sunday, December 6, 2009

A hectic weekend

Glad to be back blogging, I have missed all of you my cyber friends.  I feel like I have been away for months instead of 2 weeks.  Had a marvelous time in Italy with my family.  Will share about that in future posts. The weekend was busy with me playing "catch-up" after being gone.   First day back last Tuesday and we had frost.  Had my car outside as I had holiday items in the garage and I had to scrape ice off the windshield.  YUK!  I'm a sun worshipper so having to scrape ice was painful. Still, the ice looked lovely from the inside of the car so I snapped a quick photo.  These look like raindrops, but they were actually frozen solid. (click on photos to enlarge)


Priced items Saturday evening and brought them into Queen of Hearts to update my holiday booth displays.  Acquired some wonderful vintage silverplate this year and I displayed them on an antique farm table.  Nice juxtaposition of elegance and primitive.


Silver, such a lovely metal for the holidays.  Fill with your favorite vintage ornaments or best holiday fare.


Red and green is so festive.



Yes, that is a Mrs. Beasley doll sitting next to a vintage Santa doll.  She is in wonderful condition with original collar, apron and glasses still intact.  Pull string is still strong but the voice box has been over wound.  I found her when shopping with sis and she shared that as a little girl, she loved Family Affair and wanted a Mrs. Beasley doll.



You gotta love these tricked out Christmas ducks!




Cookie jars and cookie presses.



Holiday sleigh bear with tiny white lights.



Snowmen abound within the green depression glass.


Another shot of the table full of silver and behind it gold and white items.  My booth is filled to the rafters and I don't think I can fit in one more item.  I'm so delighted to be apart of Queen of Hearts.  This busy antique mall is filled with so many wonderful things.

Now, I actually fit one more task in this weekend and that is the launch of my second blog, "Raviolis for Lunch".  http://raviolisforlunch.blogspot.com/



This blog is for my grandchildren, my delightful little raviolis.  Since they are scattered all across the country and other parts of the world, I wanted to find a way to let them know each day that I am thinking of them and miss them.  If you have children, or grandchildren dear readers, they are all invited to stop by.  Have a wonderful week and I can't wait to visit everyone's blogs this week.  Sea Witch 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness.. that table full of silver is to die for!!! I keep scrolling up to see more and more!!
Simply gorgeous!!
And your photo of the raindrops is stunning as well..
Glad to see you are home safe...
xoxo

Cat

Doris Sturm said...

Welcome back! Did you get any of that silver in Italy? Did you get anything there?

I can't get over all the nice stuff you have - good thing I don't live anywhere near...I love the ducks and the penguins and the blue plates and mugs with the white trim...and of course, the silver. It's my most favorite! My tree this year will be white, silver and clear...very frosty looking ;-)

Keep warm!

Ana said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Italy. Hope there are plenty of pictures too. :-) Great job on your booth. Everything looks ready for Christmas shopping. Wish I could come visit... But at least I'll be able to visit your new blog. Sounds adorable. Have a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Oh, yeah!!! You are so right! I LOVE that table full of silver! Just beautiful. That silver punch bowl is wonderful!!

And that Mrs. Beasley doll!!!! I just gasped when I saw it. My sister and I both had one. We loved her! Wow, so many memories flooded in when I saw her!

Your whole booth is absolutely beautiful!!! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!

Shannon

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Welcome back, Dari! Your booth is gor-ge-ous; great window shopping - love that pink feather? tree!

Barb said...

Welcome back home.
I know you had an amazing time with your family. Can't wait to see your pics.
Your booth is so festive- love it.

I will be visiting your second blog asap.

Big hugs,
Barb

Tracey said...

What a great display.. love the festive pink tree in the background. I also wanted to thank you for the lovely necklace I recieved in the mail..Thank you so much...you are a dream!!

Javajune said...

Welcome back, it seems like you've been gone forever- so happy you're back. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Love your booth!
xo-jj

Jacque said...

Good Morning Witch...I have missed you! I know your life is hectic especially after being away from home so long. It certainly sounds like you are abreast of the situation, though. I can't wait to read your other blog. I know how it is to have grandchildren far away...but not abroad, thank goodness!!

Best Wishes with your booth sales. Everything sure looks festive!

Kathleen said...

Welcome home Sea Witch! Hope you had a lovely time on your travels. Your booth looks just wonderful. I love the silver, so festive and rich looking. I have opened a second booth at the Antique Mall I am in. Both are now overflowing, but sales are good. Gotta tell ya...I am loving those ducks! Hugs, Kathleen