Monday, December 28, 2009

Under the Sea

Hello my friends, come dive with me today.  This SeaWitch cannot be happier.  I spent the afternoon diving in Cancun at a reef location called Manchones Reef.   This was my first dive in Cancun and although this particular reef did not have the large coral beds that I see so often in the Florida Keys and the Bahamas, the fish life was all over the place. I have posted a few shots for you.  So much color and they are unafraid of divers and will often swim right next to you.  (photos taken with Canon Sureshot Elph in Ikelite housing...all photos will enlarge if you double click on them.)


Happy little grunts swimming around fan corals.


One of my favorite shots...so much color and activity.


Closeup of grunt in front of large coral head.



This French Angel Fish was the size of a large dinner plate.



Juvenile Blue Tang.  One of my favorite species.  These fish are brilliant blue and this little guy measured about 4 inches in length and had the palest shade of lemon yellow on his tail. 



A good size Trunkfish.  Measured about a foot in length.

Another large school of grunts.

I hope you enjoyed cyber diving with me.   My honey and I are off to Tulum tomorrow to view the Mayan ruins.  Pictures will follow.  Via Con Huevos everyone!  Sea Witch

11 comments:

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Simply spectacular! I'd love to experience this!!

Happy Holidays & New Year!

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

Hi Seawitch, you have had some lovely travel experiences recently, this one looks spectacular, I wish we had beautiful restaurants like the one in your previous post, the setting, breeze,warmth,food AND choc!
We have just come back from Brixham, nothing like your holiday (we are usually in the warm in the Sinai now) but we were where I love to be - BY THE SEA. Great fish shots.
Have a lovely day in the ancient world!
Tracey

Chris said...

Wow! Wonderful photos. I'm so glad you're enjoying your trip.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Wow, I am just enthralled by your pictures. I am scared of the water myself and what you have shared is fabulous. I love the colors and the feeling it evokes. Even if it does raise my adrenaline level just thinking about it or maybe because. Vaya con Huervos???????? You crazy woman.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! lived there for 7 months back in the early '90s and I miss it!! I am so jealous!

Smiles..

Cat

A New England Life said...

Your in Cancun while I sit here taking snow pictures? Hardly seems fair to me! Just look at all those wonderful photos. I can almost smell the food from here! Enjoy every moment and capture many memories. See you in the New Year!

Thewhimsicalchick said...

YOU are a real MERMAID aren't you??????Beautiful. Can't wait to see you.
Whimsy

alice said...

Oh you are one lucky duck or should I say fish! I too am a great lover of the deep blue sea. The pictures are wonderful! Tulum is a magical spot too! I hope you take a picture of the ocean from the top of the ruins. It is breath taking. Have a wonderful new year celebration in Cancun! Ole'
smiles, alice

Javajune said...

Oh I so wanna be there-beautiful! The little blue fish is so amazing.
stop by my place for a new years wish and a funny story.
xo-jj

audrey said...

Your underwater photos are stunning. It is so beautiful down there ~ and so much to see. I have never had the opportunity. Snorkled (kind of) in the FL keys once, but no comparison to what you've done.
I love the sea, mermaids, shells, and all that goes with it. It all has a magic of its own.
That Mayan Coffee in your last post looks SO good. I would love to get my hands on one of those right now. (:
Happy New Year!!
♥ audrey

Bunty said...

Beautiful pictures - so colourful. Looking forward to the Mayan shots soon! Have fun!

Happy New Year.

Barbara