Monday, December 21, 2009

Tree Bling.

Is it just me or do the trees look more lovely this year than in the past?  Is this difficult economy making us want to ensure that our homes are filled with those traditions that bring fond memories of family, friends and comfort?  I think so.  These tight shots are of trees displayed at Queen of Hearts,where I have my booth.  All have a unique personality and showcase those themes that we individually cherish.  I could have gone home with any one of them, all so lovely to look at.

                          
Vintage bulbs, ornaments and bits of Americana.


This lovely white tree showcases silver metallics, vintage ornaments and white jingle bells


Joyful holiday red and silver.  Vintage ornaments and glitter messages of the season hang from this 6 foot vintage aluminum tree. Spectacular.



This unique tree is perfect for a Sea Witch Christmas or anyone whose passion is the sea.  White tree is filled with decorated scallop shells, pieces of drift wood and soft pink and blue toile ornaments.  Tiny white lights made a lovely backdrop.



Nothing says neighborhood like this tree I saw at our local Waffle House.  They always decorate for the troops and this year they added...you guessed it...WAFFLES.  How can you not smile after seeing this.  Whether a big city or a small community, it is the neighbors in your "neighborhood" that truly make you feel a part of your locale. Wishing you a wonderful Monday.  Sea Witch

6 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Love the white tree. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the waffles idea! I bet the birds could nibble on them.

I have such a weakness for Christmas ornaments...I always add a couple of new ones every year from my travels. I always bought a special one for my children each year and now I'm adding one for my grandson.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a great post! I love all of these trees and thanks for taking the time for sharing them.
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas
Maggie

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love the white one with the silver metallics! Gorgeous!

Fragrant Liar said...

I think there is a Christmas carol about that last pic. It goes something like, "Here we come a waffling, among the leaves so green!"

Right?

Cindy said...

Love your post! Saw your comment on another blog, about your ma's containers of candy. Check out my blog! It's akin to that! Merry Christmas.