Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jetting to Vincenza to see grandchildren

Dear friends, I am writing this from Gate D in the Charlotte Douglas Airport as I wait for my flight to Frankfort, Germany and then on to Venice, Italy to spend Thanksgiving with my son, his lovely wife, and their three ravioli's...my grandchildren.

This is an unexpected pleasure as my son and his wife decided (out of the blue) to send me a ticket to come visit them in Vincenza, Italy for Thanksgiving holiday.

As many of you know, I have recently become the grandma-ma of twins two months ago. This double addition to the family has been a blessing and a joy. The only difficult part is they are so far away so I can only see my raviolis from the webcam or pictures in email.

To be able to hold them in my arms and then play with Kit Kat as we craft and glitter and bake away is the best possible world a grandmother could ever want.

So, look for future postings over the next few days about my adventures in Vincenza with the delightful grandchildren and their wonderful mother and father. Enjoy your weekend. Sea Witch

12 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Have an absolutely wonderful time! Congratulations on the new twins! They must have been born when I was traveling in the West and away from my computer.
I know exactly how you feel about finally seeing them since my one and only grandchild lives far away...so stock up on all those hugs and kisses and baby snuggles while you are there, Sea Witch.

Safe travels!

Hugs, Pat

Doris Sturm said...

How exciting! I'm happy for you. Enjoy to the fullest. Happy Thanksgiving, you lucky ducky!

Thewhimsicalchick said...

Hey you forgot to pack me!!!!Have a GREAT time. Get lots of hugs from the 3 babies. Looking forward to seeing you when you get back. Take lots of pictures.

Bettyann said...

Oh how wonderful..you must be in heaven..blessings to you..

susan said so said...

Congratulations, what a wonderful Thanksgiving gift!

I wanted to ask: What kind of fiber do you spin? Do you knit sweaters and such?

I've never tried spinning, but I do love to knit. All I've ever knitted is scarves, because I'm too lazy to learn to make anything else, but I enjoy the process so much! Everything from choosing the yarn to the actual knitting, then wearing - or gifting- the scarf is satisfying.

- But don't be thinking about that now! Enjoy Italy, and your family, and life!

xox,
Susan

secret word: chloti

Barb said...

Hi Dari,

I received my gift. Thank you so much and the fact that you made it makes it all the more special.

Have fun, enjoy your family and give your son a little extra hug from me for serving this country.

hugs,
Barb

seanymph said...

OH what a wonderful treat! Just go have fun, dont worry about us.....we will be here to hear all about it when you return. Dont waste on precious minute here when you could be with them! Happy Thanksgiving!

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

Have a lovely time with your raviolis, my mum went to Venice last month, I know that you will love it, just think - all that aqua!
I am off to the bracing English seaside this weekend, can't wait.
Tracey

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Grandkids AND Italy??? Wow! What a treat!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

You are going to love Vicenza! I am so jealous, make sure you visit Verona, it's actually my favorite between all the cities of Veneto. Bring warm clothes. Last time we landed in Venezia it was snowing!.Nice for you to stop by Mammabellarte, "Buona festa del Tacchino"= "Happy Thanksgiving" Rita

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

One word.... JEALOUS!!!!!!
Oh how fun is that!!
Have a great time and I'm so glad we can visit with you through blogland.
bunny hugs,
shell

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How wonderful that you are spending time with your beautiful grandbabies. It must really be hard with them so far away.
thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.
Maggie