Monday, November 16, 2009

With Joyful Abandon

dive into your life! This child will be covered in leaves rich in autumn's colors and he will emerge laughing, shaking off a few leaves and will dive in all over again. Can you think of any better metaphor for life?

This photo makes me smile in a big way. What memories it invokes of my dad raking leaves into piles all over the yard (no blowers back then) and then pretending like he didn't want his three daughters messing them up by diving into them. We would laugh and giggle and roll around in them until our hair was full of nature. Dad would pretend to grumble that we wrecked his work and he would have to rake them all over again...always making a bigger and deeper pile for us to jump back into.


Even God's four-leggeds know a good time when they see it.


Go, find a pile of leaves and send nature fluttering all around you. Have a wonderful Monday. Sea Witch

4 comments:

FrenchBlue said...

Oh Thank You! I am off to find a pile of leaves... I think I will have to travel far, I better pack a lunch:) Happy Monday to you too!
XO's

Ana said...

Love your post and love the picture of the little boy diving into the pile of leaves. What a wonderful metaphor for life...I love it. Thank you for sharing your sweet and touching story about your sisters and your dad. What a wonderful way to start the day. Have a wonderful new week.

Tons of love and hugs,
♥Ana

P.S.
Thanks for the info...check my blog tomorrow. ♥

Doris Sturm said...

My dog, Gizzy, loves to walk in leaves and the bigger the pile, the better ;-)

Is that your dog in the photo?

Javajune said...

Oh how I love, love these photos and your post. Quick find a pile of leaves lets jump together!
xo-jj