Monday, May 2, 2011

Headvases and Hummels

Another lovely weekend in hotlanta!  Weather was fantastic...brilliant blue skies, sunny and folks digging in the dirt with trips to Home Depot, Lowes and Pike Nursery for plants.  Ah, early summer in the south.

Hit a bunch of yard sales on my way to a favorite haunt for treasure.  Nothing but baby clothes and baby items so I found nada at the yards...but oh, what treasure I found at my haunt.  Before I list what I carried home, I thought I would revisit the gold leaf frame that I literally picked out of a garbage can one night.  Well it sold this weekend, I'm $38.00 richer, so I took my honey to the Bone Fish Grill for dinner.  I adore their Bang Bang shrimp appetizer as a meal so I add an icy cold Cesaer salad to it and was in heaven.

Crazy about that Bang Bang Shrimp!

Now, on to treasure.  Funny how "finds" go.  I usually do not come across a lot of breakables in one trip, but this hunt was full of them. 

Marvelous, early carnival glass in the rich pine green color.  Great lustre and in the popular funeral vase shape.  My honey really likes these so I may have to keep it for a few years before I sell it.

Now, the black walnut Victorian sewing table was one of my pieces.  Time for it to move on to another Victorian lover.  But the antique photo album full of delightful Victorian/Edwardian photos was another find this weekend. 

The album is filled with antique photos.  It's like instant relatives for everyone.  There are several pages of men dressed like women at a family gathering.  Some things never change.

Sold all of my glass terrariums last week and found this neat little piece.  Added tiny votives to it.  How pretty this would be on a patio/deck table.

Great "mantique".  Nice hammered copper humidor with Bakelite handles from the 1930s.  I don't keep Tobacco items in the booth long.
Okay, how delightful are these three ladies?  Terrific head vases in nearly perfect condition.  The two smaller ladies have their original Woolco labels on the bottom.  The small one sold for $1.50 and the middle one sold for $3.29.  I bought each for about $6.00.


And here they all are, dressed up with flowers enough to make the English want hats like that.  These head vases usually had those fine "plastic flowers" of the 1950-60s put in them.  I just had to drop a few silk ones it to give it the same vintage look.


Vintage Arithmetic tin toy.  Missing the tabs on the first row that show the answers.  You drop the side handle like a slot machine and the figures roll.  It's a fun piece, even with this wear.
Not the best photo, but this American Brilliant cut glass cruet is in excellent condition.  Can you believe I got this for $6.00?  I can't.

Some smalls.  Little green souvenir cup is marked 1918 and has the name Lewis Hill engraved on it.  Pretty little white s/p shaker from the 1950s.  I usually fill these with scented powder to freshen bed linens.  A great 19th century candle wick trimmer.  I paid less then $4.00 for the lot.

Came across this piece first and I knew it was going to be a good day.  Limoges, France ladies dresser tray commemorating the Washington's Mt. Vernon Home. 

Love these late Victorian metal frames.  Will put an old cabinet card in it.

Not old, but love the look of these photo stands.  Pretty little gold leaf frame will display a vintage photo too.  
 I love old terra cotta pieces.  This one has the garden of Eden theme with Adam, Eve and the serpent surrounded by the tree of life.  This will burn nicely on a warm summer evening. 

Okay, now for the mother lode of found treasure. Yup, that is a Hummel you see.

Stormy Weather with artist's signature - purchased for $10.00.
But wait, is that...

Yes, two more Hummels, purchased for $5.00 each.  Wait for it...no, is this real?

Yes, three more Hummels also $5.00 each.  OMG.  pinch me.  Did this really just happen?  Did I just buy 6 Hummel figurines in perfect condition for a total of $35.00?  Yea, I did.  I still can't believe it.  Yes, it was a great weekend for finding treasure.

Went in on Sunday to fluff up my booth and bring in some of the new items. 

It's looking light and airy and sales have been good.  Lots of vintage hats are flying out the door along with every little terrarium and chandelier I can find.

Wishing everyone a lovely week.  Blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

5 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

You are just too lucky in finding great "stuff". congrats on all those wonderful finds. I usually end up at those baby yard sales, and nothing of interest. Good luck with your booths! Tis the season for antiques and thrifting!!!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Great stuff, and great deals! Aw, the Hummels remind me of my grandma, who collected them! Sweet!

Jacque said...

Morning Witch! WOW, I'd say you hit the motherload...fantastic buys on those Hummels!

Your booth looks great! Enjoy your week...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Wow Sea Witch!! If those are real Hummels they are worth do much more! You are indeed lucky! You found such wonderful things and your booth looks very pretty and well organized.

I love the George Washington plate! I have a thing for George -he is my favorite President and I did many blog posts about him as he was here in the Revolutionary Battle of Brooklyn. Is it sold? How much are you asking for it?

DearHelenHartman said...

Your mantique is fabulous! The Hummels make me think of my piano teacher (and other older ladies when I was a kid who had those Look Don't Touch gee-gaws all around right at kid level). Fun finds!