Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easy Come, Easy Go

A lovely three day weekend found me local junkin and found some interesting items.  This left me with bringing "in" items and as I worked displays, they moved "out" just as fast.  It was a chilly weekend here in Atlanta and Sunday afternoon found the Queen of Hearts mobbed with shoppers.  What would normally take me a few hours to set up displays and fluff up my booths, took twice that amount of time as I worked around customers.  No complaints from me though, every time I turned around a piece moved out of my booth.

Brought in this sturdy and beachy blue distressed oak parlour table to replace an end table that sold.  I had just finished setting this display up when a lovely woman named Sue fell in love with it.  So in the booth for 20 minutes and out just as fast.

I would have hung this sign in my sons bedroom if they were still little ones.  It is huge, nearly 4 feet in length and the palest shade of french blue with incised lettering.  I had just snapped this photo when a customer snagged it and took it to check out. 

How sweet is this pretty little bluebird soft paste creamer.  The bluebird was a highly popular theme in the 1900s through the 1920s.  Yup, this sweetie flew the coop shortly after bringing it in.

Got the "Sassytrash" itch and couldn't resist this sweet little wire birdcage.  So many possibilities.

Remember this birdbath with feeder I found a few weeks back?  Well, I cleaned it up and gave it a fresh coat of copper bronzing paint and I love love love the finish. 

Pretty Tiffany style stained glass votive candle cover.

Hey Lucy!!!!   Fantastic brilliant red organza with pretty Valentines hanky pocket.  Very 1950s.

I've had this pretty little satin heart box with pretty petite point cover in my house for years.  Time to share it with another heart lover.

Goofus Glass bulbous rose vase.  Usually covered in gold/red cold paint, this now sun purple vase looks so much prettier.  Perfect for cut flowers all year long.

I moved this sweet face from my main booth to the Victorian booth. He looks happier there.

I love these Victorian through Depression era Cupid Awake/Cupid Asleep prints and will buy them whenever I can find them for resale.  I think they make the perfect valentine.

Brilliant red Jack in the Pulpit vase.  Victorian favorites, someone turned it into a lamp base by drilling a hole at it's base. Sigh, another antique mutilated by an unknowing individual.  Still, it is lovely.

Two interesting finds.  An Arts and Crafts, hand hammered measuring cup and a silverplated chalice. 


It's that time of year for antique Valentines and I have a few placed throughout the Victorian booth.  They always make me smile and I love the beautiful Spencerian script of the giver to the receiver inside.

 

This Valentine is a real beauty and stands almost 14 inches high.

And finally, a spectacular hand needlepointed wool rug.   A lovely Victorian reproduction, this would look smashing in anyone's home.

So it was a great weekend for finding treasure.  Now on to the replacement flooring in my little home.  Have the laminate folks coming tomorrow so I have to prep two bathrooms, a laundry room and our kitchen tonight.  Have to follow up with the carpet replacement next in the living room, dining room, master bedroom and hallway.  I don't even want to think about moving those rooms right now. 

Wishing you all a fantastic week and blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

5 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Glad your booth was busy, busy! I love that bluebird pitcher, and the bird bath. I would be taking that home in a heart beat. May you continue to have a busy successful winter! Good luck with the flooring, it will all be beautiful when finished! Hugs to you!

Jacque said...

Good Morning Witch!

You sure are one busy woman! You always have such an eye for fabulous finds--no wonder you do well in your booth(s). You always seem happier than a lark showcasing all your great finds! Congrats...

Have a great week!

Richard Cottrell said...

You found so unique and fun things. Richard from My Old Historic House.

piggy said...

You make me feel like i'm actually in your booth!
Hogs & Kisses...piggy

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

I love that particular set of Awake/Asleep Cupids and have them hanging in our bedroom. And I'm a sucker for antique Valentines, especially the honeycomb varieties! Cute stuff!