Sunday, May 1, 2016

Ravs and Treasure

Hard to believe that May is already here.   April flew by with lots of changes at my day job...another reorg so that makes 6 in 6 years and so far, I think I avoided another reduction in force.  Still, April was a month for visiting the Virginia raviolis (my term of endearment for my grandchildren).  It was a short but always a fun visit.  Can't believe how big they have all gotten and we had such a good time together.  While there, I did make a quick pit stop at my favorite place for finding unique pieces, Treasure Trove, where all proceeds benefit programs and services of the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus.

Stunning Towle silverplate waiters tray.  I can't get enough of these as they are so popular.

I have a weakness for covered servers.  They remind me of a more elegant time when entertaining was almost an art form.  This beauty if in fantastic condition and the handle is removable for ease in cleaning and storage.  Fighting with myself about keeping or selling it.

 My grandmother always had a pretty crystal candy compote filled with hard candies or foiled chocolates.  This sterling base and topper reminds me of her.  

When I returned home, I had committed time to spring yard work as the lawn needed attention as well as the shrubs.   Still, I found a little bit of time to make a quick run to my favorite local thrift store.

 Found this amazing, contemporary, hand blown studio art glass vase.  Tall and full of iridescence, I am now seeking out glass experts who can help me identify the maker.

Lovely Vintage Hobnail, Opalescent and blue Ivy Bowl by Duncan & Miller. 
Circa 1930-1955.  

Really nice cut glass footed compote.  Unusual edge is scalloped.

 Lovely pair of cut crystal cocktail glasses.  These are gorgeous and now I am on the search to identify the maker and the pattern.

Also bought the matching pair of wine glasses.  All four are in perfect condition.

Sweet little EAPG toothpick holder with brilliant gold lustre.


Yes, these are seashells, something that the SeaWitch just can't pass up.  


My Victorian space is filled with lots of goodness.  The "high" season is soon upon us and I want to keep both spaces filled with pieces that our summer visitors will enjoy.

My main space is also filled with something for everyone.  I did a big booth "refluff" which always makes items that have been in the space look like they just arrived.   Sure enough, by the time I returned home, I had sold several steins and creamers that I had moved around.  

Gynness is exhausted from the road trip and the booth refluffs.  All she wants to do is have her belly rubbed. So before I "rub the belly", let me wish blessings to you and those you love. SeaWitch

No comments: