Sunday, May 22, 2016

May is nearly over

Can you believe it?  May is nearly over.  I feel like I just paid my taxes and it's really March. Where has the time gone?   Schools let out this week and summer is off to the races and our neighborhood is under siege with AT&T laying cable.  Our street faired well with no real issues but others have had gas lines hit, water mains destroyed and Comcast cables cut.  It is a mess and I hope they get it contained tomorrow for the folks who live on those streets.

Saturday was another rain, no rain, rain, no rain day.  Headed out to a few of my favorite haunts for treasure and although I did not find a lot this trip, I did acquire some unique pieces.  Let's just start with the "piece de resistance."

This very rare, Victorian, Masonic Order of the Eastern Star tilt table.  Beautifully inlayed with a variety of woods and the main table and base are American black walnut.  Masonic furniture is crafted specifically for lodges by individual craftsman and not from a commercial enterprise.  

Original patina finish, it just doesn't get any better than this and pieces like this are true rarities and are highly sought after by those who collect this field.  Circa 1870s

Love my local Goodwill for hats.  This one is a "late vintage" but is as sassy as can be in Patriotic Blue with rhinestones.  Circa 1980s

There must be something in the air these days as this is the third piece of Alexandrite (or Neodymium) glass that I have found in a two week period.  Alexandrite glass changes color from a rich purple (natural light) to a lilac blue (fluorescent light).  This stunning Alexandrite pear within a pear lead crystal bookend or paperweight is very heavy and by the Alfredo Barbini Sommerro Murano Art Glass House.

Lucked into a group of Victorian serving pieces at a thrift shop.  All are Bavarian and have the loved cabbage roses.

Lots of great colors on this one.

Such soft colors in this pretty serving bowl.  

Lovely and very long Victorian dresser tray is filled with hand painted cabbage roses.

 Uncommon World War 1 Veterans Auxiliary parlor tablecloth.  Circa 1940s 

After a morning of successful hunting I headed over to Vintage Village to pick up a piece I saw on their facebook page.  As always, this lovely shop is rich with delightful booth vignettes.  


My Vintage Heart finds the niftiest stuff and displays everything so beautifully.  Love these woven covered bottles.

Sweet ice cream color 1950s sock hop dresses are too cha cha for words.

These delightful cows have taken over Vintage Village.

Get ready for the summer with lots of patio accessories.

Love this dry sink.

So much to find here.

 Here is the sweet picture I saw on the facebook page.  Beautiful Edwardian woman looking hopefully up at Mistletoe.  I can't wait to display this over the Christmas holidays.

Sunday afternoon was spent fluffing my own two spaces.

I'm ready for the Memorial Day, start of summer rush.  Walked all around the Buford Queen of Hearts and, of course, found something that hopped into my cart.

Stunning late Victorian mirror in cast iron frame.  I adore these and even though the silvering has seen better days, these just make me smile.  Hoping your week is full of light and blessings to you and those you love. SeaWitch

1 comment:

Tanya said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - heavy sigh! Happy Wednesday, Dari!