Monday, October 28, 2019

Autumn Treasure Hunt

It was a busy, busy weekend for me...had to paint the new molding in the guest bedroom as I had the existing carpet removed and new flooring laid.  Of course, that meant I could not return the furniture to the room until the painting was completed.  Additionally, they did not have enough molding to complete the walk in closet so I have to wait until Wednesday for them to complete it.  So I live with bedroom pieces all around me until the job is and the paint fully dried.  The present inconvenience will be worth it, though.

I am also partaking in a Minimalist Game at my job.  Beginning on Oct 1st, you find at least one item to remove from your home...donate it, toss it, sell it.  As you progress through the month of October, each day you add that amount of removing items from your home. This is a great way to "push" you into getting rid of items you have squirreled away and no longer need.  Well, this weekend, I finally tackled the 20 bins of high end clothing I had that I had as part of my consignment space in Atlanta.  Where I live in Florida there are no high end consignment shops so these items have sat for nearly 3 years   I pulled out bins and had 366 items to donate to a Women in Transition organization that will give these lovely clothes rather then sell them.  I am so excited to pass these on to women who can use them.

Finally, the Lyon's Head Antique Mall held their first Sidewalk Sale of the season and I had to take pictures and live video for the facebook page.  Well, this really isn't a chore and I always look forward to it.

A weekend find at the Lyon's Head Antique Mall Sidewalk Sale this Saturday. My antique gal pals know I am weak in the knees for Victorian quadruple plate and I sprinted to the table of a favorite dealer to see this stunning set up close. Rogers silverplate in marvelous condition and a price that I couldn't walk away from. This is now in my personal collection and I will use it to serve tea when my grandchildren come to visit.  

From the sidewalk sale I stopped in at my favorite shop for all things chippy, rusty, crusty and unique, Junk Co.  

Junk Co. never disappoints and I came home with a prize for my kitchen...an antique, tine egg/creamer hand crank whipper by Fries.  Circa 1890, this is a great piece and in perfect working (whipping) condition.  I also found this nifty miniature horn with seven leadpipes (one is missing).  Would love to know what type of pocket horn this is.

From here, I stopped for a bone dry cappuccino at Starbucks and then headed out to my local Goodwill.  This thrift store is always a field trip of finds and you truly new know what will pop up...this one had interesting things call me.

A pair of charming, Queen Anne seats for the American Girl, Felicity, Dolls.  These are so delightful and they are now in my booth space at a price way below what AG is asking for them on their website.

This has been a month of finding beautiful Madonna and Child vintage figurines.  This is a lovely 1960 ART by Japan figurine.  In perfect condition.

Though not my decorating elements, I adore Capidomonte pieces.  These were also found at Goodwill this weekend.  Stunning pair of vintage candlesticks with hand pressed roses.

Found another pair of doll sized chairs.  Smaller than the AG Queen Anne chairs, these are heavy cast iron.  Oh, how I wish they were lifesize...they would be in my front foyer as you come to the front door.
  
 I was delighted to find this marvelous EAPG cake plate.  Love this glass and I have never seen this pattern before the pattern is called Aurora, circa 1880.

Antique Majolica has a marvelous look and feel and this pretty piece has a lovely color palette.

Vintage, Royal Staffordshire, England by Clarice Cliff is always in demand.  Never came across this color palette before, brown transferware with hand painted blue highlights.

 Who doesn't love Fitz and Floyd pieces?  From the elegant to the whimsical, this lovely teat pot is straight from the sea and called Oceana.  Discontinued pattern.

These charming vintage, Stangl creamers have a sweet holly design.  

Pretty vintage Indiana glass biscuit jar has a pretty ruby flash band.  

 I have had luck these past few weeks finding interesting Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG) pieces and this creamer and sugar set was a great find.  By Atterbury & Co., the pattern is Ceres Cameo and from 1870.    

A sweet pair of EAPG cordials.  Pattern is called Bullseye and Daisy, US Glass Co., 1900.   

These boots were made for walkin' and that's just what they do...well they will walk on over to my shelf and I will decorate them for Christmas.  Just a unique find, a proud mother or father took their child's first cowboy boots and had them copper clad just like other baby shoes from the 1930s-50s.  First time I have ever come across baby cowboy boots in copper. 

With a few days left of this month, the year is coming to a close faster than I like.  Days are shorter and I miss playing outside now that it is dark so soon.   Hope your days are filled with love and pleasant moments and blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch

No comments: