Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Heart of the Sea

Feeling the need to put up a new header for the end of the summer season.  Already see the sun lower in the sky, shorter nights, dryer ones.  It is a gentle season before the crispness of fall, even in the south.   I took this photo two years ago in the Bahamas on Port Lucaya.    My honey and I were walking back to the hotel and of course, I was dragging my feet through the clear waters looking for any excuse to not have to leave shore.  Sun was nearly down and bright white light was shining across the length of the sandy beach edge when I came across this moon jelly laying in shallow waters. 


 I love the play of light from the sun through through the water giving the moon jelly the look of a transparent heart with a flash of white living light.

Life, it is beautiful.  Sea Witch  

6 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Just beautiful and ethereal, perfect for the end of summer...
Hugs...Tina xo

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hey honey have been thinking about you wondering what you have been up to.
This is a prefect headboard for the ending of summer.
I love the story behind it too.
Take care and enjoy your week
Love
Maggie

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, it is and so is your lovely photograph and post......thank you so much! you made my morning:)

Beach House Living said...

A perfect photo anytime. Thanks for sharing.

seanymph said...

I love this header :)

Crowing Moon said...

beautiful shot :)