Friday, December 2, 2011

My Sisters Antiques Candlelight Event

  Wednesday evening was the My Sisters Antiques Candlelight Holiday Event and it was amazing.  Took lots of photos and I would have had them loaded and posted sooner, but when I went to upload them I received an error message saying I reached my one GIG quota and until I obtained more space I could no longer load any more photos.  With two blogs and a third one ready to be launched (more on that later in the month), I purchased more space and now I'm back on track with my posts.

 My Sisters Antiques, one of my favorite antique shops in the metro Atlanta area,  is owned by two sisters who are an absolute delight.  They have filled their shop with dealers who offer marvelous antiques and vintage pieces and when you visit their shop they greet you like old and dear friends.  You never want to leave.  This is their second annual holiday event and as last year, it is first class all the way.
 
Holiday lighting greeted you at both the front and back entrance.  The double red doors of the back entrance seem to be everyone's favorite way to enter and the sisters had pretty wreaths on the doors and lights everywhere.

Not only was the parking lot filled to capacity but the store was wall to wall shoppers.  I love to see shops filled with happy shoppers.

Two lovely tables groaned with homemade cakes, desserts, fresh cheeses and fruits, sparking ciders and punch and of course, Christmas cookies of every type.  All under pretty lights and burning candles.  The 8 inch high Red Velvet Cake and the Coconut Cake were the two hot items to indulge in.  I watched grown men weak in the knees and mothers weeping with joy from partaking in these two cakes. 

So many pretty things to see, so I will let the photos do most of the talking.


One of my long time antique friends, Pam, is an uber talented woman who creates amazing fabric pieces, jewelry and the prettiest garland you will ever find anywhere.  Her items are magical.


I adore these wreaths that are decorated with vintage ornaments.




Sassy Edwardian lady standing in vintage garland and balls.


I wanted this vintage Santa costume but the "sisters" refused to part with it.  I will have to try and wear them down...I want this so badly.



How cool is this Men Working sign?

Can you think of anything prettier then vintage perfume bottles.

How sweet is this vintage poodle?


A Victrola in perfect working order.  Break out those old dance records.


A top hat and wings.  I love this marriage of old and new.







My Sisters Antiques always has the prettiest lighting.


This is a huge figurine and unusual in its theme.  Very 1950s.







Pretty garland filled with ornaments, old lace and lights. 

As you can see by the photos, there was so much to see.  I purchased a few items and among them were a Victorian rug beater, a Victorian compote with cupids and vintage gold tinsel from the 1930s.  These Candlelight events are always so much fun as so many of my antique colleagues were there.  We get to talk and gossip and share what treasure we have found all over pretty lights and homemade goodies.  I hope you have the opportunity to attend these special event where you live.  Have a wonderful weekend all and blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

4 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a magical evening you had visiting this lovely shop.
Your pics are awesome and I saw quite a few things I would love to have myself. lol
Great that you shared such a nice evening with us.
Just wanted to come by and catch up with you and to tell you I am having a neat giveaway and I hope you can come by and put your name in the hat
Love
Maggie

audrey said...

I would have loved to have been there. It sure looks like it would put you in the Christmas mood ~ so festive and so many wonderful treasures to look at.
Christmas truly is a magical time.
♥ audrey

Jacque said...

Good Morning Witch!

If that doesn't put you in the Christmas Spirit--NOTHING will! Your photos are great! Wish I could have been there, everything looked perfect.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Southern Witch said...

The photos are beautiful!