Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to the sea

The heat of the summer is nearly upon us here in Atlanta and the skies are blue, the trees are green and flowers are blooming everywhere.   All of this gives me a huge case of "senioritis"...you know, when the high school seniors are full of spring fever and all they want to do is play.  Yea, got me a bad case of senioritis.  The sea is calling me and although we have a trip coming up in June, I feel like I am going to burst if I don't get back into the salt water again.  So I pulled up photos of past trips to the Bahamas to try and quell my need to fill my bathtub with sea salt, dump my rubber shark in the water and put on my mask and fins pretending like I'm the Queen of the Mermaids.  
(all photos enlarge)

Ariel shot of the Abacos from a tiny island hopper plane really held together with duct tape.  Look at those beautiful turquoise reefs just waiting for snorkelers and divers.
Green Turtle Key Beach
The view from our room at Green Turtle.  

Lovely sunset from our deck at Green Turtle.


Same view, different night.  Sky is now orange.

Sky and water have become a vibrant golden color.  The sunsets are amazing as they change color in a blink of an eye.

 
Sun preparing to set on the beach in Port Lucaya.  My honey and I were married on this beach.  I love this shot, it looks like molten silver.

As sun lowers everything takes on the colors of fire.


Sun has now become a fireball in the sky and the waters take on a brilliant orange and purple color. 

Early morning sunrise in Green Turtle Key.  I love brilliance of the whites and greys against the black palms and tropical shrubs. 
Yes, I must go down to the sea again, to the vagrant, gypsy life.  Sea Witch

11 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Magnificent photos! That's the life. I think I could live there till I die...I'd be a happy person. I've never been, but I will definitely put that on my "bucket list" ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Girl, you're killin' me here! I want to be THERE. I have never snorkeled, but sure would love to give it a try!

Where ya goin' in June?

just call me jo said...

Oh, how I miss the sea! Arizona is sooo dry! But we do have a pool. That isn't the same, but it will have to do for now. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

Bettyann said...

sigh...sigh...sigh...the pictures are fab..I would so like to go there right now...let's find another duct-taped plane and go LOL...

Seawashed said...

me and you both...longing for the salt water. June can't come soon enough!

sassytrash said...

What great photos.....June is just around the corner--where are you going this time? (My son is thinking about Belize now, but I have heard it is sooo touristy)
I am headed to FL after the show--can't wait to see those sunsets, but prayng the beach isn't covered in oil.

Cindy said...

sigh...I'm so glad that I've bought my own snorkel and mask! Although I live in Nebraska...it's a tangible representation of my sea adventures to come. Alas, I may not get to the Caribbean until October. So, Thank you for the pictures and description! nice

susan said so said...

your photos are beautiful, and your comments really lead the eye to the details you describe - lovely!!

xox,
susan

Jacque said...

What a life!! Happy to see that you live it to the fullest!!

Have a great weekend!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What gorgeous photos! The last two were stunning. The closest i've been to sunsets as beautiful as these were in Key West Florida. Someday soon I hope to visit the Bahamas...thank you, Sea Witch,for showing me what I've been missing!

Madame DeFarge said...

I am now so envious of you. It all looks so wonderful. A bath just isn't the same.