Sunday, October 4, 2015

Strolling with my baby.

Atlanta was feeling more like Seattle with another weekend of rain.  Still, that didn't stop my Saturday treasure hunt and it was off to a few favorite haunts.   A trip to Monroe, Georgia and I'm at Hodge Podge at The Cotton Depot.  I always find something wonderful here. 

Lovely silver plated chafing server is in never used condition.  Perfect for the upcoming holidays.

Marvelous metal compass/calipers is a large one. 

From Hodge Podge it was off to Davis Street Antiques, my favorite shop in Monroe.  James, the owner, always greets everyone who enters and to me he is family, the brother I never had.  Davis Street Antiques is always a gold mine for me and I always come home with something special.

 A set of three Copeland Spode Tower, flow blue tea cups.

Anything from the Aesthetic period appeals to me and this pretty little luncheon plate is lovely.

I went weak in the knees when I saw this gorgeous, antique Victorian wicker stroller.   (this is why I love a trip to Davis Street Antiques, the dealers here always have something unique).  So home this came and now I'm strolling with my baby, sweet Gynness who jumped in it and we took it for a quick spin around the block.  I'm going to use it over the holidays and fill it with pretty wrapped packages, a big red ribbon and small, white twinkling lights...if Gynness will let me.

 Another Davis Street find, sweet little Owl mother and her babies looks like Llardo porcelain, but is Mexico's answer to the Spanish art pottery.  Dalia porcelain produces high end pieces, this books at $78.00.

 
Adorable vintage, little cranberry transferware creamer.  Priscilla and John Alden, this belongs on a thanksgiving table.

A great pair of vintage covered turkey candy dishes are perfect for serving cranberry sauce over the holidays and a kerosene glass container filled with dried peas and used for burning tapers are in my main space at the Buford Queen of Hearts.

 Lots of Halloween decor to select from at my main space at the Queen of Hearts.

 I am mad for Quadruple plated items from the Victorian period.  They have so many marvelous decorative uses but my favorite is to use with candles.  This sweet little creamer is filled with rice in which I nested a candle. 

 Pretty little vintage chest of drawers and jugs are perfect fall decorative items.


 
 Love old school text books and right now I have a nice assortment of Arithmetic, speller, and french language books in my Victorian space.

And finally, I am singing the blues with this set of three gorgeous flow blue pieces.  Still on the fence about selling them or keeping them.  We shall see.  

As I finish this post, I hear that the rain has finally stopped. As much as I like hearing the rain fall at night, the perfect sleep aid, I am looking forward to a few days of sunny weather.  Wishing everyone a gentle week.  Blessings to you and those you love, Sea Witch

No comments: