Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend Finds

This was a long weekend for the SeaWitch.  Got some disheartening news that I'm not ready to share yet.  Will know more later this week and I'm praying that it will be better than what was first found.   My honey insisted that since there is nothing we can do until more testing is done, I should go about my day as I normally would.  So off to a few favorite haunts and the treasure that I found.

Found this marvelous three piece set of a huge teapot, coffeepot and sugarbowl at a local thrift store.  Heavy and beautifully silverplated from the Portsmouth Silver Co.  These pieces look like they were hidden in a cupboard and never used.

You know me and quadruple plate.   I just can't walk away from it.  Pretty matching sugarbowl and creamer.

About a month ago, I found a set of 8 dinner plates in the same brilliant marigold carnival glass color.  Sold them a week after putting them in my booth.  Found this pair of Federal Normandie Bouquet Lattice pattern, marigold Carnival Glass grill dinner plates.

Lovely pair of silverplated serving trays. One is mid century and the other is a late Victorian quadruple plated piece. Both are in marvelous condition.

How cool is this vintage, cast aluminum sign?  Says Superior on both sides.  I'm thinking I may need to put this in my cube at work for a few weeks. LOL 

Lovely french engraving of roses and a pastoral scene in vintage frame.

Pretty handpainted tole roses on metal magazine rack.  Very 1950s.

Great pair of early 20th century lamps in cast pot metal on black marble bases with cut crystals.  Both work and I will add the missing prisms to it and a pair of period lampshades to complete them.


Large original print “Modern Princess” by Gene Pressler.  An American illustrator who worked in New York at the early part of the 20th century, Gene Pressler worked in an Art Deco style that was prevalent at that time.  Original frame. Circa 1930s

And last, but not least, my new "bestie".  Marvelous vintage wicker store display manniquen is pure delight.  Haven't decided if I will keep her or sell her. 
Wishing everyone a marvelous week and blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

No comments: