Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just a few more hours

and the show my sister and I have been waiting for will be on television tonight. YES, after a long absence, Project Runway is BACK with its 6th season (Lifetime) and I'm beside myself.

I adore this show for its creativity, its challenges, the hilarious personalities, the trips to Mood Fabrics, and of course, the classy Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum. Tim's "Make it Work" has become a personal mantra for so many things in my life, both good and bad. Three simple words that speak so much.

I hope they bring back one of my personal challenge favorites...utilizing only natural materials purchased from the New York flower district to create and design a wearable outfit. The designers really have to pull out all of the stops to construct a wearable outfit made completely of natural flora. Amazing some of these finished creations.


So, tonight at 9:00 pm, EST I will have my beautiful buns sitting on the sofa, a cup of freshly brewed tea in a cup and the dog at my feet as I watch the opening episode to Season 6 of Project Runway. Who knows, I may come up with a few new ideas for a princess gown in princess colors for my granddaughter. Let the challenges begin and let's "Make it Work!"

ps. I just realized this is my 50th post! whoo hooooo!

4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is my daughter's favorite show! I heard they are filming in LA this season?

Happy 50 blog posts!

Barb said...

Hi,

I am playing catch up. Your granddaughter is gorgeous. Grandma-ma will do as that precious child wants-hehe!

What imagination with all those costumes. You should be thinking about project runway for yourself.
Love the angel wing shells. And.... happy 50 posts. They go by really fast, don't they?

Thank you for entering my giveaway.

Hugs,
Barb

misselaineous said...

Love the new header photo...great image...great colors! Happy 50 th blog post...I'm almost up to 100!! WooHoo! *elaine*

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm so glad that Tim is back! I love that show.