Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Jasmine Princess gown is on the way

"Grandma-ma, you know I have been dreaming of a Jasmine princess gown in pink and purple." With those words spoken by my sweet granddaughter, I headed out to my local fabrics store and purchased lilac satin crepe and pink and hologram chiffon along with beaded and sequined trims and giant faux rhinestones. She asked for a Jasmine princess gown in princess colors and as every little girl seems to know that princess colors are pink and purple, I had to comply.

Jasmine is the Disney Arabian princess and I could not convince my granddaughter to let me make her a traditional harem outfit so I created a gown that did not have the usual gathered waist but rather an A-line silhouette with a flared bottom. I added "veils" to the front and back and lots of sparkly beads and big princess rhinestones.
Her crown and veil can be worn two ways. She can wear the veils in the back with the large rhinestone in the middle of her forehead...just like Princess Jasmine.
Or, she can put the veils in the front if she must be mysterious. So I have packed this and addressed it to Italy and have let Kit Kat know that her gown is on the way. I can't wait to see my sweet girl in her new gown.

Kaitlyn with her new sister and brother. She is a good big sister!

6 comments:

Thewhimsicalchick said...

Dari, You are one lucky girl to have 2 beautiful girls and a handsome little guy. I am so happy for you. The gown is so cute. You did a great job. I want to see a picture of her in it.
Becky

Jacque said...

She is a cutie!! I bet she will really help take care of the new babies!

You do great work on those costumes. I made my kids/grandkids Halloween costumes but never had to get into making all those playtime ones!

Thanks for sharing!

Ana said...

The gown turned out super duper cute...I know your granddaughter is going to love it. Oh my goodness and how cute are the babies and Kaitlyn? Your grandkids are so blessed to have such a great grandma-ma! Thank you so much for sharing. Have a great Monday.

Hugs,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

paperbird said...

What a sweet grandma you are- is that what they call you? My sweet babies call me Mimi. Your beautiful Grand daughter is going to be over the moon when she gets her beautiful Jasmine Princess Gown.

Kathleen said...

Love the gown...it turned out just beautiful. ANd the veil is to die for. I know your grandaughter will enjoy it so much. HUgs, Kathleen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a pretty Jasmine costume for your little princess granddaughter! She is adorable and her new brother and sister are such sweet bundles of love.

My grandson will call me "Nonna" someday -- unless he decides otherwise ...lol